It’s time for the 2nd Annual Wingapalooza presented by Alaska Fuel Distributors! We need to determine who makes the best wings in Fairbanks and we need your help! Enjoy wings from up to 20 vendors, a beer tasting, corn hole tournament, and live music!
When: Sunday September 29th at 2:00 p.m. Submit your votes for best wings by 3:45 so don’t be late!
What: You’ll get tickets to redeem for 1 wing from each vendor. Fill out your ballot and enjoy a cold one! Beer tasting tickets will be available or you can purchase beer or soda. Participate in the Corn Hole tournament, enjoy some music, just hang out and watch NFL Football. It’s going to be a great time! Once the voting has concluded you can enjoy unlimited wings from your favorite vendors as long as supplies last! Also enjoy the Shannon Fortune State Farm games area complete with an inflatable boxing ring!
Live music entertainment provided by Firewall.
Where: The Carlson Center, 2010 2nd Avenue in Fairbanks
Cost: $25 entry for general admission. $50 for a VIP ticket (details below). $15 for a beer tasting ticket. $10 to enter the corn hole tournament. This is an age 21+ event. Patrons under 21 are allowed but must be accompanied by their legal guardian!
General admission ticket: $25.00. You get 20 wing tasting tickets, wings become unlimited after 4:00 as long as supplies last. One non-alcoholic beverage ticket.
VIP Tickets: $50.00. Don’t feel like walking around to get your wings and beer? Cool no problem. We’ve got VIP seating for you and your friends and servers who will take care of you.
Alaska Craft Beer Tasting Ticket: $15.00. You will receive a 2 oz sample of 4 Alaska Craft Beers that include the Denali Brewing Mother Ale, Kassiks Orions Quest Red, Broken Tooth Yellow Eye PA, and Kassiks Raspberry Wheat! You then receive a 16 oz pour of your choice of any of these beers or from our Domestic side of the trailer. The first 110 people to buy the Beer Tasting Ticket receive a commemorative Wingapalooza Blue Moon Beer Glass. There is a limit of 2 Beer tasting tickets and 1 commemorative glass per individual!
Corn Hole Tournament: Corn Hole Tournament: Two person teams are $10 per team! Max of 16 teams. Begins at 2:30 and you must have your Wingapalooza ticket to participate. Sponsored by Chevy, Buick, GMC of Fairbanks. Details and application below!
Wing Eating Contest: FREE if you get picked. Just e-mail email@example.com your name and contact info with the subject line: ‘Wing Eating Contest!’
Wild Wings N Things
Carlson Center Savor Catering
Home Chef Competition winner – Linda!
Chena’s Alaskan Grill – River’s Edge Resort
Nix’xx Philippine Express
The Fire, Food Truck
Aurora Crepes & Peking Duck
Bad to the Bone
Arctic Habanero, Food Truck
Big Daddy’s BBQ
And more being added every day! Want your restaurant to participate? Contact Carlson Center Marketing Manager Aaron Marks at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get registered for the Chevy, Buick, GMC of Fairbanks Corn Hole Tournament at Wingapalooza! Just $10 for a 2-person team. Tournament limited to 16 teams. It will begin at 2:30 so don’t be late! Doors open for Wingapalooza at 2:00. You must have a Wingapalooza ticket to participate in the Corn Hole Tournament. Cash prizes will be paid out in this double elimination tournament!
How it works:
The Second Annual Wingapalooza event will take place Sep 29, 2019 at the Carlson Center! Local restaurants plus one ‘Home Chef’ will compete for the coveted ‘Lord of the Wings’ prize! The winner will receive a cash prize of $500, a plaque recognizing you as Lord of the Wings, and the winning recipe to be used in Carlson Center concessions for the 2019-20 UAF Hockey Season!
We are looking for ONE Home Chef who is not and has never been employed by a restaurant kitchen or paid to prepare or cook food. The Home Chef competition, presented by TDL Staffing, will take place at the Carlson Center in August. Contestants will be notified with the specific event information. SMG staff at the Carlson Center will provide the wings, but the contestants will prepare, season, and sauce them.
Six finalists will be selected to compete in the Home Chef Competition. Contestants will present their wings in front of a panel of judges, Contestants will have 30 minutes to prepare their wings in the Carlson Center kitchen, with the assistance of our Food and Beverage staff. Contestants will then present their wings to a panel of judges! The winner of the Home Chef Competition will compete at Wingapalooza by preparing 1,000 wings on the day of the event using the Carlson Center kitchen, as well as a $250 cash plus a $250 gift card to an area grocery store for purchasing ingredients. SMG at the Carlson Center has got you covered with the wings! It’s you versus the local restaurants/food trucks/caterers who also will participate at Wingapalooza!. Can you make better wings than the folks who are paid to do it? Bring out your best recipe!
- You must not be employed by a restaurant kitchen, nor ever been paid to prepare food.
- You must make yourself available for a 2 hour window for the finalist cook off and judging between August 15 and 20. Specific date is TBD.
- You must be able to attend and prepare wings for the Wingapalooza event on September 29th. You will have access to the kitchen in the morning. Wings must be cooked (can be sauced at the table) by 1:30. You must stay through the duration of the event which concludes at 5:00.
- The day of the Home Chef Competition, you will need to come prepared to make 20 wings, or about 2 pounds.
- The day of the Wingapalooza event, you must be prepared to cook 1,100 wings. The wings will be provided. You will be given a gift card to a local grocery store for purchasing spices, sauce ingredients, etc.
- SMG Food and Beverage staff will oversee your wing preparation for the Home Chef Competition and during Wingapalooza. They get final say on any question as to the cook time or temperature of the wings. You must present fully cooked chicken wings.
- You may bring up to 2 friends along to assist you on the day of the event.
- Everyone participating must be over the age of 21 OR if they are under age, they must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. This is a 21+ event.
- Please do not apply if you cannot adhere to rules 1-9.